Mentorship Program Code of Conduct for Mentors
As a Mentor, I will:
- Conduct myself with utmost good faith and honesty and try to help those that I am mentoring.
- Prepare for and attend meetings and events with those I am mentoring and provide reasonable notice where that is not possible.
- Participate in a spirit of co-operation and collegiality.
- Report any actual or potential conflicts of interest or inappropriate conduct to the necessary organizations.
- Respect the confidentiality of those I am mentoring but help those who are struggling to find the necessary resources (e.g. MD Management, OMA, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Horizon, Vitalité, Department of Health etc).
- Treat all those involved with the Mentorship Program fairly and with courtesy and respect.
- Avoid any and all inappropriate personal contact or relationships with those that I am mentoring.
- Serve as a supportive resource and provide perspective on a broad range of aspects of the medical profession.
- Listen and learn from those I am mentoring.
- Provide feedback to the NBMS Mentorship Program about ways to make improvements.