Family Medicine New Brunswick, a program of the New Brunswick Medical Society, is seeking a permanent, full-time Physician Recruitment Specialist to be located within the Province of New Brunswick.
Family Medicine New Brunswick exists to improve the care offered to patients by family physicians to help doctors work in teams and use new forms of technology to provide care, and to make recruitment of family doctors easier. Our work environment is much like a start-up company: we are dynamic, fast-paced, and focused on results.
Based in the provincial capital, the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the most important voice for the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for physicians in New Brunswick. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Director, Family Medicine New Brunswick, the Physician Recruitment Specialist plays an important role in the success of Family Medicine New Brunswick as the individual is responsible for marketing New Brunswick as a great place to practice family medicine.
The Physician Recruitment Specialist has a background in marketing, communications, or sales, and will work with doctors and health system partners province-wide to successfully attract new family physicians, help physicians nearing retirement ensure a smooth transition for their patients, and plan for family physician vacancies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- create and execute an annual family physician recruitment plan to attract new physicians to New Brunswick
- develop and implement coordinated strategies to attract family physicians to specific areas of the province
- use and maintain the Physician Resource Planning Tool. This helps predict the needs for family physicians' due to retirements and/or population changes.
- generate practice opportunity descriptions for family physician vacancies
- develop and nurture strong relationships with external partners within the three medical schools, two Regional Health Authorities and the Department of Health
- assist in the development and implementation of a physician recruitment marketing plan
- educate medical learners on practice opportunities in New Brunswick and educate established physicians on retirement planning
- design and develop a Provincial Locum Program
- prepare and deliver presentations and promotional events on selected topics to doctors across New Brunswick
- use Microsoft Office in a proficient manner
Position Location and Hours of Work
This position may be located in either Fredericton or Moncton. If located in Moncton, travel to Fredericton will be required several times per month. Ability to work beyond normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to accommodate client needs is required.
Flexible to travel within the province of New Brunswick and maintain a valid driver's license.
- degree or diploma, preferably in, Business, Marketing or Communications
- a minimum of 5 years' proven experience and success in sales and/or business development any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- fluent in both official languages
- experience developing integrated creative marketing communication campaigns across multiple channels
- a track record of delivering strong results and meeting or exceeding business goals and objectives
- strong project management skills at every stage - planning, analysis, problem solving and communication
- effective communicator, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation
- strong sales background and passionate about living and working in New Brunswick
- recognized for attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize deliverables
- reliable, cautious with confidential information, and conscientious
- creative problem solver and have well-developed relationship management skills
- enjoy being challenged and thrive on getting results
- effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients
- value a positive work culture and camaraderie with your colleagues
- ability to work hard and have fun
Please send you resume and cover letter Lisa LePage at email@example.com by July 31st, 2019. Only those who are invited for an interview will contacted.