Medical Director, NBMS Wellness
Medical Director, NBMS Wellness
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of the New Brunswick Medical Society and working alongside of the Chief Operating Officer and the Manager of NBMS Wellness, the NBMS Wellness Medical Director will positively impact the health and wellness of physicians by providing education, assistance, and advocacy to and for physicians of New Brunswick. This position will be a paid two-year contract with the potential to be renewed.
The fluently bilingual Medical Director possesses an in-depth knowledge of the community supports available in New Brunswick to aid in providing support and assistance to physicians as well as proven success in the fields of mental health and wellness, having held similar positions in the past.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advocate for creating a supportive community for physicians, residents, and medical students
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to the NBMS Wellness Manager for the purpose of program development and case management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Physician Wellness Committee
- Pursue and develop collaborative relationships with external stakeholders / agencies which support the well-being of physicians and physicians in training
- Participate in the development of strategic NBMS initiatives that promote the objectives of the NBMS Wellness program
- Develop educational and interventional initiatives which address health and wellness concerns for students, residents, physicians, and their family members with the support of the NBMS Wellness team
- Maintain and enhance the credibility of NBMS Wellness as a service to physicians and their families
- Demonstrate leadership in the field of physician health generally and physician health programs locally, nationally, and internationally
- Be a healthy role model for all program participants and New Brunswick physicians in general
Position Location and Hours of Work
Location of this position is based on the successful candidate. Hours of work would be estimated at 7 hours per week.
- Medical degree and in good standing with the College of Physician and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- Additional training in wellness or mental health
- A practicing physician with a minimum of 10 years work experience and personal interest in fields of mental health and wellness
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to deliver service in both French and English
- Ability to independently create networks, partnerships with clinical community supports/stakeholders such as medical schools, regional health authorities, and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick
- Knowledge and ability to lead effective educational sessions
- Recognized for attention to detail, critical thinking, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables
- Good understanding of advocacy strategies and tactics and issues specific to physician health and wellness (such as but not limited to: mental health challenges, addictions and burnout)
- Reliable, discrete, and conscientious
- Ability to effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions targeting physician health
- Value a positive work culture and camaraderie with your colleagues
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their application how, when, and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- As part of the application process, an interview will take place.
- Please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, Chief Operating Officer, New Brunswick Medical Society at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Feb. 14, 2020.