New Brunswick Medical Society
Two-year term position
March 2020 - February 2022
Based in Fredericton the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) is the voice of the medical profession in New Brunswick, providing province-wide representation and advocacy for all physicians. As the provincial division of the Canadian Medical Association, the NBMS exists to represent physicians and advocate for the health of New Brunswickers.
Reporting to the Chief of Physician & Patient Engagement, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will assist in the execution of NBMS' Engagement plan.
Who are you?
- You are bilingual being able to demonstrate fluent written and spoken competence in both English and French.
- You have a post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience and success in marketing, communications, event coordination with a minimum 5 years of work experience.
- You show excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who can act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required.
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written and analytical skills, adept at presenting detailed factual and conceptual information on issues that require explanation and interpretation.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You can easily complete administrative tasks when required to do so.
- You are reliable, discrete, and conscientious.
- You effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and clients.
- You value a positive work culture and comradery with your colleagues.
- You are flexible to travel within the province of New Brunswick and maintain a valid driver's license.
As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you will play a key role in the execution of NBMS' engagement activities as you:
- Support the creation of marketing initiatives, including developing content for various platforms (social, events, campaigns, web, print magazine);
- Support corporate communications and media relations;
- Write, edit, and proofread communication documents;
- Assist with translation services;
- Plan, organize and execute events;
- Support special projects;
- Strong knowledge and experience with social platforms;
- Other duties as they arise to support the team.
Location and Hours:
This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick. At times, you will be required to work outside of Fredericton or outside the normal weekly business hours of 8:30am-4:30pm, however, after-work commitments are usually predictable and planned well in advance.
What can the New Brunswick Medical Society offer you?
- A positive and inclusive work culture.
- Skill development in various areas of communications, public relations, and marketing;
- Interesting, stimulating work with a professional membership.
- Meaningful involvement in shaping and ensuring NB's health care system is progressive and sustainable.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to demonstrate on their resume how, when and where they have acquired the qualifications and skills required for this position.
- Only bilingual candidates will be considered.
- Please send a cover letter and resume in chronological order to Lisa LePage, email@example.com by February 7th, 2020
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.